The Silent Portal

Ground falls high
Touch the sky
The waving sea
Swallows me

Words once heard
By a bird
Can’t bring forth
Bird flown north

Need the love?
Find the dove
Look for me
Take the key

Pull the hood
Knock on wood
Raise the brass
Clear the glass

Leave your petal
Steel your mettle

Knock

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is perfect :D The rythem, the imagery, the first stanza! And that last haunting line that echos in the wake of broken rythem

MidnightSeekerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm :
Thank you! :) I'm so glad you like it.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:41 am:
Excellent!  It reminds me of a riddle you would find in some kind of storybook.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:41 am :
Could you try reading some of my work?

Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'd love to read your work too. :)