When life doesn't go your way | Teen Ink

When life doesn't go your way

By Head-In-The-Clouds GOLD, Bath, Other
Head-In-The-Clouds GOLD, Bath, Other

I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.'Cos how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum!

When life doesn't go your way,
when you screw up yet again,
try to hold your head up high,
one day it will be okay.

When you think the truth is dead,
when you feel second best,
ask yourself what happened,
and maybe spend a day in bed.

When you feel like breaking down,
when there's no one there to listen,
remember it's okay to cry,
your friends will shine your crown.

When invisible tears stream,
when a fake smile is put on,
make sure your mask is good,
and never put aside your dreams.

life just isn't going my way, this seemed to help.
Please tell me what you think....

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Hey, thanks that helped a lot! Thank you. I will definitely keep that in mind and smile all the way. :D  Thank You :))))

on Feb. 14 2013 at 10:02 am
Head-In-The-Clouds GOLD, Bath, Other

No, it's not my best, but I did write it in a history lesson! It is so dificult to keep a strong look and keep going through when you feel like this. I am lucky and have amazing friends who know me better than i know myself and they really help me through. Writing helps a lot and remember it can't get worse so it can only get better. If it's someone who's hurt you it will hurt them more if you smile at them than if they see you crying. If it's a bad ending it's not the end...

- Maya Angelou

It ain't your best but..when you're feelin like that writing does help a lot...and me: my tears aren't ever invisible unfortunately... in situations like that....any tips on makin that mask powerful?