Ten Years & Forever

Some days I assume that you just talk the talk.

I wonder if you really love me.

I question my heart at the thought of us.

I ponder what it would be like to wake up next to you ten years from now, and still feel the same way I do now.

I realize that I don't want to have to do that with anyone else except for you.

Because, I cannot picture anything ten years from now that does not include you.

I feel as if you complete the last little pieces of my heart that were discombobulated,

Like a puzzle that just needed finishing.

I wonder if you really love me.

But, you constantly remind me that you will be there when I wake up ten years from now, and that we will still feel the same way that we do now.

I won't have to do that with anyone else, because you will be included in everything I do.

My heart will forever be content, the last little pieces a perfect fit, completing it; just like a puzzle that we finally finished.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is incredibly sweet. You have beautiful use of repetition.

RBrown201 replied...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:10 pm :
Thank you! This is one of my favorite recent pieces I have worked on...I sure hope others like it as well!