My Daughter | Teen Ink

My Daughter

By LittleMei BRONZE, Austin, Texas
LittleMei BRONZE, Austin, Texas

Made by Mother and Father.
Who fell deeply in love with one another.
For they knew when they had her they could not keep her long for the fear of the government.
The distance that will be brought upon the three will be unbearable something the parents never wanted to have to feel.
They can only hope and dream that she will end up in a loving and caring home.
The day she was born her Mother and Father fell deeply in love.
The Father held the tiny precious hands of his newborn daughter. He covers he in kisses and cries. He knows he is doing what is right.
He places his hand under hers and squeezes it. He holds it tightly and tells her how he loves her and he will always be thinking of her.
He sings to her at night, holds her when she cries and plays with her at bath time.
The Mother and Father cherish every moment with their daughter.
The day finally comes when it is time to say goodbye and wish her the best in life.
She is only two weeks old.
On July 25th 1997, the mother takes the newly born baby, wrapped in a blanket and placed in a basket she heads out.
Never going to see the little girls face she covers her daughter in kisses and prays for her daughter, she hugs her and loves on her as much as she can.
The Mother knows the time has come; she places her basket on the corner of Daishan and walks away.
Her daughter cries and reaches for the woman she once knew as her Mother, She cries and whimpers for her mother to come back and scoop her into her arms.
Hours pass and the Mother and Daughter continue to wait.
When the mother sees someone take her Daughter, and rush to the orphanage she falls to the ground and cries.
She wishes she didn’t have to make that heart wrenching decision.
All the Mother has left of her Daughter are pictures and memories she can remember. The government may forget about her daughter but nor she or her husband will never forget July 11th 1997.
The birth of their daughter Dai-Jun.
The mother wished she could have watched her daughter grow.
She wished she could teach her how to ride her bike, drive and work on the farm.
The Father wished he could have seen his “Daddy’s Girl” grow up and mature into a young lady.
The parents went to bed next to her smile and woke up to her smile. They cherished every single moment they could with her.
They loved her more than anything.
They knew they made the right choice, they hope their daughter would understand.

I have always been interested in writing about my biological family. It helps me express my feelings that I can't do as easily by talking. I sometimes really wish I could meet my parents one day, I will never know if I have other siblings or relatives in the United States or in China. I love to write and it brings out so many emotions and feelings. I really want to adopt one day as well.