In Humble Defiance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You tell me
Speak more simply
Let the words land clear and

graceless
On the page.
You tell me
Write directly
Give you logic and let Beauty
f
a

l

l

To second place.
You tell me
Think more clearly
Don't get caught up in the
feeeeeeeeeeeel
But in the flow.
But how I could find flow
Where there's no
------PULL------
I'm sure
I do not know.

Krasota-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:49 pm:
HA! I love e.e. cummings, too. Excellent job!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm:
Very e.e. cummings. I love the style. I want to experiment with it now. Of course, I won't be half as good as this. Great flow and wording and emotion. Hope things get better! Good luck!

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hah! What a great experiment in e. e. style. The falling fall and the graceless land were my favorite. The subject is sort of abstract, but the artifact of the poem is brilliant. 

the_sparrow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm :
I'm glad you appreciated that! I was wondering how it would go over. I wrote this out of frustration with my college professors; they really have a problem with adding any sort of embellishment or diction--they want everything in simple, straight-forward language. And that's hard for me, because my passion lies with Creative Writing. But I can see how the subject is a little vague, if you have no background info.