When I was Young | Teen Ink

When I was Young

By AnnaRead SILVER, Park City, Utah
AnnaRead SILVER, Park City, Utah

"Even if your on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers

When I was young on the playground, I hid behind the slides, a book firmly planted in my hands. I wandered aimlessly in the worlds of giants and Winnie the Pooh. No one wanted to talk to me, and I didn’t mind.

When I was young on the playground, I ran behind everyone else, and cowered in P.E. I took every opportunity to avoid conversation, and snuck a book into all of my classes. I thought the best thing in the world to lose yourself in a book.

When I was young on the playground, I didn’t know any of my classmates’ names, but I could tell you the plot of every book I had ever read. I learned to walk while reading, and how to tune the world out. My books were my life.

I would go to the library every day, and knew the librarian my first name. I would eat with my characters, and we would talk about our adventures. When I was young on the playground, I never wanted to have friends, write a novel, or paint my room. My books were enough, but not anymore.

Please some constructive criticism!