Mine, His, Hers, Yours This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My desk is the foundation.
My pen is the support.
An open mind relieves frustration.
An open heart is a book.

His words are emotion wrapped in ink.
His promise is a façade.
Like a lie that seeps through the teeth.
Like the final seconds of day.

Her eyes are a warm embrace.
Her voice is a rushing river.
Like a fear that's meant to be faced.
Like the arrow waiting in the quiver.

Your jealousy is the ball.
Your hate is the chain.
This house is ruin.
This life is pain.

Kohli@KohliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 6 at 12:32 am:
So you are Ben, I wish you were BEN 10 lol. lol sorry for this. Firstly, I am really amazed by this work. Your idea is very very clear. Although I didn't get the last line "the life is pain" . I would really love this if you send me the correct interpretation this poem. Well... will you? (ayush.porwal00) of gmail.

spudbud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 6 at 7:37 pm :
In the first stanza I am explaining how I was able to vent through writing. The second refers to the ex of my ex and how he would use guilt trips on my then girlfriend. But he was a liar, and everything he said was empty and loaded with bad intent. The third symbolizes that deep inside she is strong enough to tell him "no", but she is afraid. And finally, the last stanza shows that her ex is jealous; he hates me. The "house" is a representation of me in general, and how my ex... (more »)

Kohli@KohliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 10 at 5:27 am :
ok, I interpreted a lot different. Well Excellent work. Keep this Up

ilovemychemicalromance said...
Ben, i miss u so much (this is lexie) my email is de-activated, please dont email me. i miss u sooooooo much!! i think i already said that......but anyways..im grounded :( danny emailed u, right? oh and btw, this is beautiful c:

Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:30 am :
Hey Lexie! I miss you too. Danny did skype me, and I sent him a message to relay to you, but from the sounds of things you didn't get it. I hope things are going well for you. And thanks, I like this poem. It's loaded with meaning. :)