Mine, His, Hers, Yours | Teen Ink

Mine, His, Hers, Yours MAG

By spudbud GOLD, Newton, Kansas
spudbud GOLD, Newton, Kansas

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Have they not been made such a fool in their squalor?

For they desired a sign and sought for the wise

When the precursor of life was right in front of their eyes" - Wolves at the Gate

My desk is the foundation.
My pen is the support.
An open mind relieves frustration.
An open heart is a book.

His words are emotion wrapped in ink.
His promise is a façade.
Like a lie that seeps through the teeth.
Like the final seconds of day.

Her eyes are a warm embrace.
Her voice is a rushing river.
Like a fear that's meant to be faced.
Like the arrow waiting in the quiver.

Your jealousy is the ball.
Your hate is the chain.
This house is ruin.
This life is pain.

I love how poems can mean so many different things to different people. Even the tiniest detail is an allusion to something I'm going through, but everyone will interpret it incorrectly. Well, everone but her...

on Feb. 10 2014 at 5:27 am
Promethean SILVER, Kanpur, Other

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind....

ok, I interpreted a lot different. Well Excellent work. Keep this Up

spudbud GOLD said...
spudbud GOLD, Newton, Kansas

In the first stanza I am explaining how I was able to vent through writing. The second refers to the ex of my ex and how he would use guilt trips on my then girlfriend. But he was a liar, and everything he said was empty and loaded with bad intent. The third symbolizes that deep inside she is strong enough to tell him "no", but she is afraid. And finally, the last stanza shows that her ex is jealous; he hates me. The "house" is a representation of me in general, and how my ex-girlfriend's relationship with him was causing me pain. She and him have a kid together, so he wasn't going to leave the picture. It was a difficult time in my life. But, however, it's a season that has passed.

on Feb. 6 2014 at 12:32 am
Promethean SILVER, Kanpur, Other

So you are Ben, I wish you were BEN 10 lol. lol sorry for this. Firstly, I am really amazed by this work. Your idea is very very clear. Although I didn't get the last line "the life is pain" . I would really love this if you send me the correct interpretation this poem. Well... will you? (ayush.porwal00) of gmail.

spudbud GOLD said...
on Nov. 24 2012 at 9:30 am
spudbud GOLD, Newton, Kansas

Hey Lexie! I miss you too. Danny did skype me, and I sent him a message to relay to you, but from the sounds of things you didn't get it. I hope things are going well for you. And thanks, I like this poem. It's loaded with meaning. :)

ignorance_is_bliss PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee

"This is what it is, this is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't wanna fall but I about to crawl
I met the one with two scarred hands"

-Newsboys, Born Again

Ben, i miss u so much (this is lexie) my email is de-activated, please dont email me. i miss u sooooooo much!! i think i already said that......but anyways..im grounded :( danny emailed u, right? oh and btw, this is beautiful c: