Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

NYClove13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice work on this!(:

AEMarcher2395 said...

Check out my pagee, let me know what you think ! =]

Thanks

MeggAlyssa5 said...

This work is absolutely spine chilling.

Very similar to stuff I like to write.

MRuffThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 2:14 am
 I agree mainly because it has very haunting imagery and provides a comfort to me in a way! :)

emilybwrites said...
this is really great!!! keep it up...could you and everyone else who reads this also check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" aand comment/rate it? thanks:)

MoonNymph775 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like your style!

theJew said...
a very touching poem it rings true from the start to the end

rosaposa said...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 9:54 am
love this! love your writing style!

Nasra689 said...
love this poem! so relatable :)  hey comment on my poems i dont hav ne comments yet and i really want feed back and see what you guys think

Darkchloe14 said...
I loved it. Its very relatable to people who feel they cant live up to the family's expectations. Read my two poems. First "Slow Burn" then "To Freeze" Also read my comments about them both so you can understand what I was going for. Thanks :)

purplequeen said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:45 am

Hey guys!

Comment on my poems!!!!

and I will comment on yours!

So commment on mine!!!!!!!

purplequeen said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:44 am
Wow!! beautiful!!!!!!!

Laura_Oliver said...
If you like this you might like my poem "True Colors", which is sort of similar...

Laura_Oliver said...
Is this based on experience? I hope not, but it is really personal-sounding. Nice job!

TAR11 said...
Hey nice poem.  I have two as well From the Hilltop and Anonymous's Inferno.  Please check them out if you get the chance. 

HollerGirl26 said...
....shudders....you have really hit the nail with the hammer RIGHT ON. I can relate to this sooo much...congratulations..wow what an amazing piece of work. Keep writing!! This poem will haunt me forever<3..in a good way!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I LOVE!! This poem! It's one of my favs! I just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. I f any of u read them please post comments if u liked it or not or if i should change anything. Thanks! :D

yousaypotato... replied...
holy moly batman!!! that was so painfully true!! i felt like that when i was little. haha. ive got a couple poems up here, and i really want feedback to know how im doing. PLEASSSSSSEEEE CHECK OUT MY STUFF!!!! I NEED THE FEEDBACK!!! :) muchos gracias. hasta manana

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:14 am
... maybe this is how my little sister feels... I suddenly understand... wow... what a GREAT poem...

ElleNicole said...
Best poem on here... wow. Check out my work?