Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

purplequeen said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:45 am:

Hey guys!

Comment on my poems!!!!

and I will comment on yours!

So commment on mine!!!!!!!

purplequeen said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:44 am:
Wow!! beautiful!!!!!!!

Laura_Oliver said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:47 pm:
If you like this you might like my poem "True Colors", which is sort of similar...

Laura_Oliver said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:45 pm:
Is this based on experience? I hope not, but it is really personal-sounding. Nice job!

TAR11 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:32 pm:
Hey nice poem.  I have two as well From the Hilltop and Anonymous's Inferno.  Please check them out if you get the chance. 

HollerGirl26 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm:
....shudders....you have really hit the nail with the hammer RIGHT ON. I can relate to this sooo much...congratulations..wow what an amazing piece of work. Keep writing!! This poem will haunt me forever<3..in a good way!

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:40 pm:
I LOVE!! This poem! It's one of my favs! I just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. I f any of u read them please post comments if u liked it or not or if i should change anything. Thanks! :D

yousaypotato... replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm :
holy moly batman!!! that was so painfully true!! i felt like that when i was little. haha. ive got a couple poems up here, and i really want feedback to know how im doing. PLEASSSSSSEEEE CHECK OUT MY STUFF!!!! I NEED THE FEEDBACK!!! :) muchos gracias. hasta manana

Steph0804 said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:14 am:
... maybe this is how my little sister feels... I suddenly understand... wow... what a GREAT poem...

ElleNicole said...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:35 pm:
Best poem on here... wow. Check out my work?

msoccerm345 said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:45 pm:
i love this poem. i really do. i think it can have a different meaning to everyone. some may take it quite literally- a girl in a yellow dress that doesnt fit. or any other way you may want to interpret it. to me it means that a parents, or older sister/sibling has set their expectations of you very or too high that you cant reach it and that is your issue and you are striving to meet that goal. and when i say you i dont mean you literally i mean you as in general or an implied you. anyway, i ab... (more »)

Dia.dreamer replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:14 am :
So totally true! I COMPLETELY connected with this poem. My sister is one of those older siblings who expects soo much from me...! Don't dare to stop writing :) Oh, and check out my poems too...! :D

StephD said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 6:14 pm:
Wow this is amazing!

Nellie21 said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 4:36 pm:
I Love this. Very well written feelings in a childish way. Love it. 

VampryaShadow said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 4:36 pm:
This poem is really beautiful. I am new here and actually just posted two poems of my own called runaway and a look through my eyes. Because I think your talents are so great I would love for you to read them and then tell me what u think. And anyone else who wld like 2 read as well plz comment. Ur poem was amazing and relateable. I hope u keep writting.

DreamerofFear said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm:

i love it makes me wanna be little again

AlexanderBorst said...
May 31, 2011 at 10:42 pm:
Love it! I like the items that are added that this person has made/worn. It makes it more real

socr_chick28 said...
May 31, 2011 at 9:13 pm:
Love this poem! Totally unforgettable! Im new to teen ink and have just posted new work, check it out!

emmatoga02 said...
May 31, 2011 at 2:58 pm:
I love the images portrayed in this! Great job!

mgraves This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 31, 2011 at 9:01 pm :
Simple but elegant.  Just goes to show you don't need to use a bunch of big words to write well.  Very nice job dear! Please read/review some of my work if you get the chance. Thanks!!