Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:44 am
good job:)

CTS207 said...
I dig your vocabulary but 'tantalizing tauting' kinda of interrupts the flow of imagry, in my humble opinion. The poem and its message is very good none the less.

eleonor said...
May 17, 2012 at 2:07 am
nice shot..simplicity is beauty..please guys,can you read mine?..just need some comments to furnish my work..i really want to improve mine..id really appreciate your opinions..(just a new)..

mirandyg12 said...
ok 1st of all are you guys STUPID i'm just saying to me i kinda dont get it i dont need some freken stupid little kids being all snoddy to me and i do think maybe if you thinked you'd shut ur mouth and mind your own bussiness i'm just saying THT FOR ME I DONT UNDERSTAND i didnt say it for the hole world and stupid people like you okay :)

Hoodster replied...
whole*            

Evelyn B. said...
this reminds me of my little sister.. very pretty:)

Wilson1994 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very complex and thorough, through images and a beautiful use of enjambment you lead a sharp and to the point message of how we are not always just right in the eyes of older people. really well done! Please can anyone have a look at my work, in need of some criticism!!!

curlygurlray said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 am
i agree wit darkisthythought(: really good work

DarkIsThyThought said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 am
I really appreciated the fine simplicity of the poem. I also found it overwhelmingly complex. Best of both worlds. The poem seemed almost like an afterthought, and I am glad the thought was mentioned.

AndriaStarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 am
I agree with Alex

RalphPrestonKlaus said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:24 am
hey, this was a good one.. :) short and nice... i feel it is about matching up to people's expectations of you... what was your idea while u wrote this?

katieRainbows said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:20 am
Hey grate poem u have the same first name and last anitioal as me dats coolio

mirandyg12 said...
Dont make any sense

ProudToBeWhoYouHate replied...
you obviously dont have a very open mine

DarkIsThyThought replied...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:59 am
Seriously! This poem makes a lot of sense if you actually think. Try it some time.

Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 am
Alex, calm yourself. She/He obviously doesn't know good poetry.

Gelino101 said...
Great free verse poem! Brings a lot of meaning and many can relate!

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 11:15 am
This poem i can actually relate to also. It has an obvious meaning as well as a hidden one.

BeingAnna said...
wow I really liked this!

lulubear101 said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:07 am
this is amazing...i can totally relate!