Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

acousticalex This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The last line makes the poem. That's all.

.xCutMyLifeIntoPiecesx. said...
Chills. No joke, I know exactly how it feels to be in this position/situation. Keep writing! :)

~Reaa.Mae~ said...
Nov. 27, 2009 at 11:03 am
Two Words.
Love. It.
(well techniqually if you can't the "two words, it's four.) Heh.
But yeah, wow. I loved it.
Keep writing darling.
~Reaa.Mae~ <3

Oliviaw said...
Im confused about this poem, are you wishing for someone related to you to come back? Or are you merely just expressing how you would feel if you lost someone that you love?

LeilaniLives said...
I'd also love it if you could maybe check out some of my work. Like "Staring Into Me" I've written. Maybe some of our emotions can relate. I'm a huge fan of constructive critisism if anyone would like to check out my work as well.

nancyy. said...
i love this(:

TranquilKristen said...
Wow, I really love this!! Keep up the good work! =)

thepreechyteenager said...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 6:04 am
luv it. i totally feel the same way. i'm the youngest and i always feel like i need to fill my older siblings shoes. and better

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this was really good...keep on writing!!! I like the meaning of growing up, and the picture helped to portray it. :) If you get the chance to, please check out my work! I am not that great yet, but I plan to go up with new ideas.

RLJoy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so good!!!!!!!!!!

relaxingcry said...
i really liked that poem its got meaning i wish i could wirte like you could you please check out my work i just started writin not too long ago

Haylie S. said...
This is really good. I love the way it's written.

Iilie said...
Sept. 22, 2009 at 6:53 am
soft,tight and wonderful

Braidy said...
Aug. 27, 2009 at 2:05 am
i love it, and i can relate.
you are a really talented writer.

Jessicka said...
Aug. 19, 2009 at 12:33 am
well done! its beautiful..and i like the childish tone you created!=) can you look at my work please?? i kinda just started!

Tears2Roses said...
Aug. 10, 2009 at 3:15 am
wonderful! You know how to show the feelings of a chiled. I know how it feels to seem to never fit in cloths. Im small for my age of 16.

munchkinrocks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really AMAZING=]

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 19, 2009 at 4:34 am
Flawless! Beautifully cryptic, I love it! Great job :)

Syann911 said...
This is amazing i love it!

Kathryn T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
breatheless and lyrical. beautifully written