Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this was really good...keep on writing!!! I like the meaning of growing up, and the picture helped to portray it. :) If you get the chance to, please check out my work! I am not that great yet, but I plan to go up with new ideas.

RLJoy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so good!!!!!!!!!!

relaxingcry said...
i really liked that poem its got meaning i wish i could wirte like you could you please check out my work i just started writin not too long ago

Haylie S. said...
This is really good. I love the way it's written.

Iilie said...
Sept. 22, 2009 at 6:53 am
soft,tight and wonderful

Braidy said...
Aug. 27, 2009 at 2:05 am
i love it, and i can relate.
you are a really talented writer.

Jessicka said...
Aug. 19, 2009 at 12:33 am
well done! its beautiful..and i like the childish tone you created!=) can you look at my work please?? i kinda just started!

Tears2Roses said...
Aug. 10, 2009 at 3:15 am
wonderful! You know how to show the feelings of a chiled. I know how it feels to seem to never fit in cloths. Im small for my age of 16.

munchkinrocks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really AMAZING=]

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 19, 2009 at 4:34 am
Flawless! Beautifully cryptic, I love it! Great job :)

Syann911 said...
This is amazing i love it!

Kathryn T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
breatheless and lyrical. beautifully written

Kennisld This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! I have almost the same relationship with my sister, always trying to reach what she was like.
very well written!

erika! said...
its a well written piece!keep writing more you would get more ideas to write more!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rachdancer626 said...
This is very well written! You have great talent... keep on writing!!!!

me said...
I love this. A deep topic, but displayed in such a simple, almost childish way. You have great talent. Would you please critique my work? It's under ElizabethW.

Zoe G. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is hauntingly beautiful. I love it.

PoetGenius said...
This poem is deep, but simple. I think the writing fits the topic.

-xlimitless239x- said...
great poem. keep 'em coming.

cocoa.cars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so cute! very well written.