Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

holly.nicole said...
beautiful!(:

EmilyClark This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You are completely right. Even if we have suggestions that doesn't mean the author has to take them. Obviously, the poem has a very special meaning and I don't want to ruin that. 

I agree. It is a beautiful concept, but it seems as though the writer is trying to cram many vocab words in one poem. I love the last line though!

Dragonscribe replied...
yes, it does. big words aren't everything - but the poem is amazing and i think if the author likes it this way it's no big problem.

DarknessForever13 said...
This is a wonderful poem, I have a little sister, but unfortuntely, I haven't met her, I believe she is two years younger than I, so she would possibly be 13. Now that I have read this, I wonder if she would have ever looked up to me if we grew up together. I'll make sure to ask her if we shall ever meet. Keep up the good work Kathleen.

kahcdg said...
There are too many words crammed in to this that take away from what would be a well-imagined thought..keep it simple, it's better that way.

missdiana replied...
the wholle thing is, it's the author's opinion that matters most. Who cares what some critic has to say.  If the author is happy, then thats fantastic.

kahcdg replied...

If you're going to say this about a personal opinion comment that doesn't praise the work, then you have to say it about all positive comments, too. 

That's the 'whole point' of posting it on an open website. So other people can respond. Everyone's just fooling everyone if only the good gets said, and not even about only this- anything in life. 

missdiana replied...
You know what, you're right. I've never allowed that thought to hit me. Thank you. 

designtime replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 6:42 am
such beautiful imagery

chica-de-sonrisas said...
this was a really cute poem, i have an older sister and this is how i used to look up to her as. im not trying to be a scammer but can you please look at some of my work?

Camelot said...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 8:38 am
This reminded me of stories my grandmother told me as a child. This touched me very much.

MattsGurl said...
Awsome writing!!!

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow i really like this...espically the last line(:

syed954 said...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 7:00 am
great poem! check out my work?

sydni said...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 12:38 am
check out my poems please :)

Shminkanator5000 said...
 This was really amazing

Baller22 said...
check out my poems! please!

Babylufin said...

Awesomee!!! I agree with xXDeadxSoulXx!

Please take a look at some of my work, and comment or rate it if you have the time! :D

xXDeadxSoulXx said...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 11:30 am
This is absolutly amazing!!!! You have some serious talent!!!! Hope to see another by you :D