Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

NHBound37 said...
This was absolutely amazing! I loved it! I had chills when I read it :)

vballgirl99 said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 10:22 am
Fantastic writing! Your wording and descriptions kept my wanting to read more, all the way to the end!

Nancy B. said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 9:30 am
i love this :)

Ghoshy said...
Great Job! This poem is very inspiring and holds much meaning.

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was obviously written y someone who has a lot of experience and practice with poetry. Great jo. Keep up the good work. :)

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wondeful imagery and consonance. You're a fantastic writer. If you don't mind, I'd love to hear your opinion of my poem Broken Structure. Cheers. :)

JuliaGraceS said...
Beautiful! 

Sarah Oso replied...
Nicely done.

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:44 am
good job:)

CTS207 said...
I dig your vocabulary but 'tantalizing tauting' kinda of interrupts the flow of imagry, in my humble opinion. The poem and its message is very good none the less.

eleonor said...
May 17, 2012 at 2:07 am
nice shot..simplicity is beauty..please guys,can you read mine?..just need some comments to furnish my work..i really want to improve mine..id really appreciate your opinions..(just a new)..

mirandyg12 said...
ok 1st of all are you guys STUPID i'm just saying to me i kinda dont get it i dont need some freken stupid little kids being all snoddy to me and i do think maybe if you thinked you'd shut ur mouth and mind your own bussiness i'm just saying THT FOR ME I DONT UNDERSTAND i didnt say it for the hole world and stupid people like you okay :)

Hoodster replied...
whole*            

Evelyn B. said...
this reminds me of my little sister.. very pretty:)

Wilson1994 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very complex and thorough, through images and a beautiful use of enjambment you lead a sharp and to the point message of how we are not always just right in the eyes of older people. really well done! Please can anyone have a look at my work, in need of some criticism!!!

curlygurlray said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:45 am
i agree wit darkisthythought(: really good work

DarkIsThyThought said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 am
I really appreciated the fine simplicity of the poem. I also found it overwhelmingly complex. Best of both worlds. The poem seemed almost like an afterthought, and I am glad the thought was mentioned.

AndriaStar replied...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:01 am
I agree with Alex

RalphPrestonKlaus said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:24 am
hey, this was a good one.. :) short and nice... i feel it is about matching up to people's expectations of you... what was your idea while u wrote this?

katieRainbows said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:20 am
Hey grate poem u have the same first name and last anitioal as me dats coolio