Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Feet dangle inches above
Tantalizingly taunting …
They strive to graze the bicycle’s pedals,
Just as my hands strive to emerge
From the lemon yellow dress
You handed down to me.
My slow growth is too far behind
Your quick judgment,
Constantly comparing a hazy reflection
To that black and white photograph
You have framed in the hallway.
Maybe someday the dress will fit.

poet_girl101 said...
Jan. 23 at 8:26 pm:
your really good and this is very well written  

Netta4ever said...
This is Powerful & Well Spoken. :)

tsavant said...
Powerful and relateable.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:44 am:
well written!

JakeMaskornick said...
I really enjoyed reading this peom. Having an older sibling myself I felt a part of me in this peom, especially when you mentioned reaching the bike pedals. Also the line where you used "a hazy reflection" to represent your sibling really struck home, awesome post.

VelaneDeBeauteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 9:39 am:
I've never seen someone approaching the relationships of siblings from this point of view. I'm amazed really! Beautiful work! (: 

sarahw123 said...
Beautiful writing! 

Imanii said...
I liked it!

NHBound37 said...
This was absolutely amazing! I loved it! I had chills when I read it :)

vballgirl99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 10:22 am:
Fantastic writing! Your wording and descriptions kept my wanting to read more, all the way to the end!

Nancy B. said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 9:30 am:
i love this :)

Ghoshy said...
Great Job! This poem is very inspiring and holds much meaning.

pandagirl312 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was obviously written y someone who has a lot of experience and practice with poetry. Great jo. Keep up the good work. :)

Mimi15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wondeful imagery and consonance. You're a fantastic writer. If you don't mind, I'd love to hear your opinion of my poem Broken Structure. Cheers. :)

JuliaGraceS said...
Beautiful! 

Sarah Oso replied...
Sept. 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm :
Nicely done.

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:44 am:
good job:)

CTS207This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 17, 2012 at 3:46 pm:
I dig your vocabulary but 'tantalizing tauting' kinda of interrupts the flow of imagry, in my humble opinion. The poem and its message is very good none the less.

eleonor said...
May 17, 2012 at 2:07 am:
nice shot..simplicity is beauty..please guys,can you read mine?..just need some comments to furnish my work..i really want to improve mine..id really appreciate your opinions..(just a new)..

mirandyg12 said...
ok 1st of all are you guys STUPID i'm just saying to me i kinda dont get it i dont need some freken stupid little kids being all snoddy to me and i do think maybe if you thinked you'd shut ur mouth and mind your own bussiness i'm just saying THT FOR ME I DONT UNDERSTAND i didnt say it for the hole world and stupid people like you okay :)