A crow. | Teen Ink

A crow.

By shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

\"Think left and think right think low and think high Oh, the things you could think up if only you try\"- Dr.Suess

A crow.
A coal black, innocent crow.
Hated, Hurt, Ignored.
Waiting, for someone, something that could show him love.
Nothing.
All alone, he dove toward a strong unchanging current.
Gone, unnoticed.

This poem was inspired by an article I recently read online. The purpose of this poem is to show readers that you should always treat others with respect and show them kindness because you never know how your actions can change peoples lives forever.

shizlet BRONZE said...
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

thank you bro :)

shizlet BRONZE said...
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

thank you :)

Jerimiah_15 BRONZE, Candyland, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Good work :) enjoyed it!

byebye said...
byebye, Nevermore, Other
I really liked this. It was short and to the point but it still maintained a sort of 'longing' throughout. Well done; can't wait to see more from you! :)

shizlet BRONZE said...
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

noooo! not about me! im a happppy person :)

Smileykin234 SILVER, Owasso, Oklahoma

I'm not lazy, I'm an energy saver.

CANT BEAT ME THEN jOIN ME1

Wait is this about you, im not juding but just wondering. Anyway what a wonderful poem, 5 stars, and i would love to see more of your work.

on Oct. 17 2012 at 10:49 am
AnthonyDavidHall PLATINUM, Valrico, Florida

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

My advice is the exact opposite. Poetry doesnt have to be aggressive or tense. Ever read Blake? Keats? Go by your own flow.

shizlet BRONZE said...
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

thank you for the tips! This is the first time I actually tried writting a free verse, so next time I will try to use your tips, thank you! :)

AndSoItGoes01 SILVER, Reno, Nevada

"The winter I told you icicles are magic, you stole an enormous icicle from my neighbors shingle, and gave it to me as a gift, I kept it in my freezer for seven months. Love isn't always magic, sometimes it's melting." -Andrea Gibson

I thought it was really good. It had ok description (: and a lot of feeling. You just need to improve on length and building of tension. Poems are usually meant to be really aggressive and meaningful. Don't worry TOO much about how flowy it is, it will get the reader unfocused on the mian point. Instead stick to the topic and make it your own. This was really good, but i think you could do better. Thanks for writing it (: 4/5 stars

AndSoItGoes01 SILVER, Reno, Nevada

shizlet BRONZE said...
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

Thank you so much :)

Hiroshi-Oniisan-Chugi PLATINUM, Portsmouth, Virginia

"We have nothing to fear, but Fear itself." -F.D.R.

amazing job.short,but full of feeling.i like it.5 stars ^_^

shizlet BRONZE said...
shizlet BRONZE, BF, Other

awh, Thank you :) it means a lot!

Gecko GOLD said...
Gecko GOLD, Lafayette, Oregon

"When all else fails, make your character fall down a hole," -Libba Bray, at Powell's in Portland, Oregon

I love this poem--its simple, yet it says so much. great writing!