New York

Flashing lights everywhere,
Giant buildings make you stop to stare. Giant rushing crowds go by in a blur. Street vendors cause a quick, uneasy stir. They shout out LOUD, to catch your eye. They will do this to the day they die. People have no money to spare, and the sick and homeless just want someone to care. Liberty Tower standing vigorously, a sad remembrance of the Twin Towers that fell weakly. Time to pop open the wine cork. You know why? We are in New York.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i love it. It was really good. I really captures the feel of city. Here, see mine TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/495618/Im-not-asking/  

I like it. See mine (TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/495618/Im-not-asking/) I alway wanted to go to new york.