New York | Teen Ink

New York

By Newyorkcity_Dreamer PLATINUM, Wausau, Wisconsin
Newyorkcity_Dreamer PLATINUM, Wausau, Wisconsin

“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness”
Maya Angelou

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.”
E.Y. Harburg

Flashing lights everywhere,
Giant buildings make you stop to stare. Giant rushing crowds go by in a blur. Street vendors cause a quick, uneasy stir. They shout out LOUD, to catch your eye. They will do this to the day they die. People have no money to spare, and the sick and homeless just want someone to care. Liberty Tower standing vigorously, a sad remembrance of the Twin Towers that fell weakly. Time to pop open the wine cork. You know why? We are in New York.

on Oct. 12 2012 at 9:26 pm
theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

i love it. It was really good. I really captures the feel of city. Here, see mine TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/495618/Im-not-asking/  

on Oct. 12 2012 at 9:24 pm

I like it. See mine (TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/495618/Im-not-asking/) I alway wanted to go to new york.