Gave Too Much | Teen Ink

Gave Too Much

By DizjayBlount PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada
DizjayBlount PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada

"Emotions? Nope, I've got nothin' like that. I told you when we first met, didn't I? I'm a snake. With cold skin, no emotions, that slithers around searching for prey with its tongue, swallowing down whatever looks tasty"
-Gin Ichimaru

i know i had it bad. i dreamt of what we could have. my heart rate's low, dropping fast. they all know, might not last. broken down internally. slowly dying, trying to breath. just like this they told me. I'm begging you, please don't leave. i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much to you. they said i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much of me. because i wanted you close. so i gave the most. gave the most to you. but i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much of me. rushing thoughts through my brain. around you I'm not the same. all i hear is your name. they all say you're to blame. my heart beats inside of me. telling me you're for me. for you I'd die happily. ill never be free. cause i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much to you. they said i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much of me. because i wanted you close. so i gave the most. gave the most to you. but i gave too much. gave too much. i gave too much of me. i know that this is killing me. but i don't care. i need you. i need you. to make it through the night. damn i love this feeling. my heart's aching. tweaking. breaking. shaking for you now. i know i was already told. I'm pushing it. reaching my lI'mit it. oh no. cant nobody help. i did it to myself. but for you id do it again and again. i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much to you. they said i gave too much. gave too much. gave too much of me. because i wanted you close. so i gave the most. gave the most to you. but i gave too much. gave too much. i gave too much of me.

its pretty much about a girl i like now

-Gin Ichimaru

hmm, ill keep that in consideration. thanks

theatregirl PLATINUM, Lathrup Village, Michigan

"To thine own self be true," -from Hamlet, a play by Shakespeare.
"I have sworn on the altar of god eternal hostility against all forms of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I like it. however, instead having a massive paragraph, it would be nice to cut into to bite size stanza. Remenber,  one reason poetry is so beatiful is because not only the words but way thay are place on page to make thing look good