The Paper Phoenix

I cannot watch people read
Seeing their eyes devour the words I have written
My life’s work consumed by sight
And defaced in the fires of imagination.

What a tedious thing it is
Dreaming up stories to be eaten away
My own tale vanishing before my eyes
Becoming a tabula rasa for the next generation.

I have lost, I have loved, I have forgotten the past.
We must burry the past to remember the future.
For it is years gone by my finger weave into stories
Devoured by eyes and beginning anew.

Changing names changing places to hide what once was.
From the ashes I rise with a story for you.

MarieAntoinette2012This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:49 am
Good poem, I'm actually reading Fahrenheit 451 for my English class. I like it, because it's more psychological than most books. 

Doves_and_Ravens replied...
Thank you so much for commenting! Fahrenhiet 451 is one of my favorite books in any genre. I love your username!

MarieAntoinette2012This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:48 am
You're welcome, anytime. And thanks, Marie Antoinette is one of my favorite people in history with all the crap she put up with. People think she's so weak, but she's reallly not, like me.

Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:48 am