Eternal Life

Confusion and conundrums
Roll like the paper and leaves of a joint
But my heart still beats
And pumps the guilt and betrayal through.

Naked thoughts and newborn romances
Turn from light to dark
And what you thought is real
Really is not.

Drunk off liquor that has no name
Drop a coin into an artist with no name
Take a whiff
Just breathe it in.

Constant yelling and trapped ears
Forcing wails of those lost and forgotten
Take my hand and let it go
That’s what I said.

Do you know who you are
I think I do
But I don’t even know
Myself.

Maybe we should discover together
Or just run different ways
And hope life is a circle
And we’ll meet up again.

One can only hope
Yet everyone can dream
It’s a wonder
This world.

So let it all out
Let it all die
And hope from those ashes
A phoenix is born.

freeperson said...
wow the symbolism is really powerful. good job :)

GraphicWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks(: I love symbolism

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So. Much. Symbolism! I could sit here for, oh, a year maybe, and tell you every bit of symbolism in this piece, but I don't find it necessary to underline something that's already been highlighted multiple times. I love the part about life being a circle, and how you contemplate everything that you encounter in this poem. It really is enlightening how you speak about hope and birth. This is so great. Fantastic job.

Thank you. I really appreciate all that you have commented on my poems. Honestly, I had given up on posting my work on here since it seemed that nobody noticed it, but you have. Thank you for that. I think I'll go back to posting more work.

jetta.bliss.pulseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:31 am
You are a phenomenal writer! I cannot bear to wait until more work is posted! (: