Memories

Are you frightened,
Alarmed?
I may slip away,
Never to return,
Without your notice.

At first I remain,
Solid and unwavering.
Ready when called upon,
Waiting when not.

Time goes on, however.
My steady edges blur,
My colors fade,
And I sink deeper.

Then, when opportunity arises,
You cannot find me.
I am absent.
I do not answer your call.

I have gone,
Gone,
To where other lost ones go.

KestrelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it! I've always wondered it too. I mean, we have sooo many memories, how can we remember them all? We just don't. Besides, a lot of the time we are exaggerating the ones we have anyhow. 

Padfoot507This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 16, 2012 at 10:15 pm :
eeeexactly :) and it maskes me sad, i always wonder where htey go after they've been forgotten, you know?

705toofdaPThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:06 pm :
*makes, *they    hahaha sorry I didn't notice all my typos!