What I'm Looking For | Teen Ink

What I'm Looking For

By PurpleLightning PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia
PurpleLightning PLATINUM, Marietta, Georgia

"Heros are remembered, but legends never die."- Babe Ruth

I'm strung on such a high string. I look forward to friday's when that last bell rings. Usually I prefer google because I hate bing and she is the only thing I'm searching for. That's all I want and nothing more. Fighting for somebody is like a chore and I hate to wait because it becomes a bore. On the field i'm looking to score but my team sucks. Oh, what an uproar. All I want to do is be with her and more. That is exactly what i'm looking for. Honestly it's all I want and I could never ask for more.

I hope everyone has inspiration like this.

on Dec. 2 2012 at 1:34 pm
AislinnBluejay GOLD, Sag Harbor, New York

"I did not ask for the life which has been given to me, but it was given nonetheless. And with it, I have done my best."--Ekho, from Lost

I disagree about Bing but I actually really loved your poem. It's about impatience, inspiration, not really knowing what you're looking for although you know it's tugging tantalizingly at you the entire time. Best of all, it's told in simle language so you're not trying to be all pompous. I want to share this with a few of my friends because I feel like a lot of teenagers can relate to it.