My World of Words This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Words! Words!
God knows I want to write
On every page of every blank book
From morning onto night.
Then jot on the walls
So that everyone can see
What I feel and how I feel it,
I want them to feel me.
Then I want to write
On the surface of every stone.
When rain carries the ink to the soil,
My words will never be gone.
The dead will read them
Then they'll appeal to God,
“Lord, she's no sinner.”
“No, just confused and rather odd.”
What if my skin was a sheet of my words?
There'd be no need to introduce.
I'd let the strangers read my body,
Leave them free to deduce.
Next, I'd write on the ones that I love,
Leave not a spot of flesh bare.
If I should ever pass without warning,
They'd know how much I once cared.
I'd write on the sleet,
The hail, and the snow,
I'd scribble on the sheets,
The lamp shades, my pillow.
In straightforward language,
In covert cryptic code,
Scribble, flourish, cross out, and dash
Until my brain explodes.
Then, I'd collect the pieces,
Before the thoughts run dry and fast,
Burn them in a fountain pen
And make new words from ash.

LittleMissFreak said...
I love the way you discribed your passion for writing. Like "Melting the ideas from your mind in to a fountain pen, and write new things in ash." that's something I'd never heard before.

Basya44 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Leatherina- I am in awe of your talent. Seriously. The idea of writing on everything is so profound and comes from a deep place inside of you. That definitely shows. Also, it's so interesting and really draws the reader in towards suspense. The ending is super shocking a intriguing. I would be honored if you would take a look at my own poetry and let me know what you think:) Thank you so much for sharing!!!

leatherina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm :
Bayasa44, I just saw this today! Thank you so much for your input! I'll definitely check out your poems. Much love, sweet one!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great job! Very unique idea. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!