A Recited Truth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I pledge allegiance
To the flag
Of the United States of America
And to the controversial culture for which it stands
One nation, under whatever deity you choose,
Indivisible since 1965,
With liberty and justice for all who can afford a decent lawyer.

juicyfan6 said...
I love this poem! It's simple, yet it definitely shares a distinct message. :) 

Jane3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Way to tell it like it is!!! I love strongly opinionated work, and this is so sweetly to the point! Great job :)

lifeischarming said...
this is incredible.. such a short yet powerful and wise poem.. amazing job! 

laurensoccer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem!!!! I appreciate your point of view and simple, but amazing writing! Keep writing!!!!! Great job!!!!!

gleek1234 said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:55 am
this is great

MikilaneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
 Because it's true, it's awesome.

Ktaylorxo said...
love this! it's so true.

jaylw said...
the sad part is its true good job

Inspired_By_Nothing said...

Its so true its sad. Great job.

xximjustmexx said...
God. This is now on the list of my top ten favorite peoms. 5/5

Valkeryie said...
This should be sent to the Times or something!  :D

Valkeryie said...

This is so true.  The Pledge is beautiful and all, but it doesn't tell evrything.  (for instance, as an atheist, it's annoying to have to include God in the pledge.  I understand we're a Christian nation, but God shouldn't be an official part of the Pledge.)

There is so much corruption in the legal system, it's not even funny.  It's really sad, actually.

That said, I do love my country.  I live for her, and I die for her. ... (more »)

LouieHan replied...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 2:02 am
How sweet a conservative American nationalist. I hope you realize the author is making fun of the United States Mr. Valkyrie.  Your comment both demeans as well as supports this poem. Maybe in a while you will discover which side you take.  By the way, I believe it is spelled Valkyrie not Valkeryie. 

Valkeryie replied...

It's true that this poem make fun of the U.S.  And so do I.  I love my country, but satire reminds us of the things that are wrong with the system.

I know my side:  I love America, but there are things wrong with her system.  I support my country, and I support those who see the flaws and bring them to light. 

I know it's spelled wrong.  It's a "thing"  I have another account under the name "Valkerie."  :)

<... (more »)

crazychick said...
haha so truee!!

GeekyChic said...
You got it! love this:)

flamingochick0220 said...
This is the best piece of writing I have ever read on here!  Congratulations on being so amazing!!  :))  :))

GothChik95 said...
this is kicka**!! speak the truth!!

kenzie011 said...
What you have written makes perfect sense, and it speaks the truth. Good work!

mattroy said...
i ts awesome