Another Side of Me

She sits in the shadows of my soul,
Waiting for her moment of control.
The poisoned apple of my eye,
Only leading me to my demise.

She burns the brightest,
Surpassing the others with her persistence.
Ebbing away at my spirit,
Infecting my thoughts with disease.

Once she is provoked,
She can not be revoked.
You can see her in my eyes,
Filling me with despise.

The others tell me to take caution,
But she taints my perception.
She is an endless spiral staircase,
Her name outlines the frown on my face.

She is anger.

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OMG after looking at an old thread I found the post where you told me your new username but I never looked at it!  Yay! Found you!!

Se7en replied...
really? Lol i dont remember that! heeeheehee still on here i see!

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yup!  Have you checked out the Roleplaying?  It's pretty fun! :)

8tephanieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was really good! My favorite line had to be "Her name outlines the frown on me face" and I mean, we all have that other side of us we don't want anyone to see. This definitely reminds me of a song called The Darker Side Of Me. It was well-written too. My only complaint is in the third section, well, thats the only place you didn't rhyme and it kinda confused me. It would flow better if it was all rhyme instead of mostly rhyme and then....that.

Shaphiria said...
   This is so well written and beautifully put together!  My favorite line is 'the poisoned apple of my eye' its a very good spin on the original saying! :)

Meonly said...
I love it   Anger  It drains me It eats me Somedays it contols me It is every part that is not the real me"  you are talking about yourself tho, right that's where im confused 

DedicatedDetermination said...
Had to re-read it a few times, very well written I love it. Great job, keep it up!

FashionThief replied...
aww thanks, it means a lot to me that you even read it! :)