It Knows

It knows our fears, tears, secrets and woes.

It knows our pasts, presents, and futures.
It knows our thoughts, feelings, loves, and loss.
It beckons to us sweetly.
It bellows at us in a warlike howl.
It caresses us gently so we won’t feel.
It pulls us under quickly and violently so we won’t hear.
Where do we go?
No one knows.
Except it. It knows.
It loves us.
It hates us.
We need it to survive.
It can kill us.
It keeps us alive.
It ends us.

WickedWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 5 at 8:41 pm
Thanks so much Enna!!

EnnaGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was AMAZING!!!! its like so powerful and i never wanted it to end!!!

thanks ded! i appreciate it!!!  

DedicatedDetermination replied...
By the way, tell Trace I got banned lol. Ask him if he knows how long I'll be banned, I'm stalking the chatlol.

WickedWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
will do i'm not really chatting anymore haha  

Padfoot507 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:59 am
The descriptions were so beautiful and enthralling! I love how you leave a sort of mystery about the reader. Really wonderful job, wicked! :)

thanks paddy! what id it to you?  

Padfoot507 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:51 am
To me it was the wind. The part where it talks fo caresses and howling, that really sprung out at me :)

DedicatedDetermination said...
Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:55 am
I love how it's open to interpretation. What exactly is "it" is what I'm thinking right now. I'll be thinking about it for a long time. I'll be sure to let you know what I think it is. Great poem, keep writing.