Ode to You | Teen Ink

Ode to You

By ThatCometKid001 SILVER, Golden, Colorado
ThatCometKid001 SILVER, Golden, Colorado

Misleading whispers that drag you deeper and deeper towards the full, unavoidable truth. The truth that twists the dagger in your spine and kills faster than any cancer could. A deathly sigh of lost friendships, and maybe more. For, the things you once believed, believed with every fiber of your being, are as real as a dream, and as memorable too. While the finger prints that were left on your shirt are washed away along with the fading memory of a lost past, the world keeps moving at super sonic speeds around you while you stand, lost in a frozen ounce of time, where no one dares to venture and entangle their lost fingers in yours and pull you back into the reality that is here and now. Even as aging progresses, you feel the same. You feel that there is nothing left but a dreary future of haze and smog. Smog so thick, that losing someone is the easiest thing you could ever dream to do. Even your dreams are polluted with the reminder of a past loss that may never be retrieved, despite all the secret embraces and sentences lost in the whirl of spiraling energy and panic. When calling out for help, you stop, and realize that even they cant save you from yourself.