My Taller Shadow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

He spits sunflower seeds;
I know he believes in jealousy –
But I, I believe that nothing
Could change the way he looks at me.
So if envy were
To creep up my bedroom –
Kind of like the way the sun dawns
Through streaks of inspiring light –
I know I wouldn't make room
For magazines to change
My wandering mind.

He has his hands on one and ten.
And that's how far I count,
When he tails the gate,
And I quickly shout,
“I believe – I believe in fate!”
And the world keeps spinning faster
But I know that
Even though he believes in jealousy,
And intimacy,
And speaking in hallmark languages,
He believes a lot more in me.
Right?

So, if one day he were to catch me,
Like a tangle of blue IV strings,
And consume me like
A breath of sleeping gas
Then I would just
Have to ask,
“Do you believe in me?”
He might say;
That he believes more in
Germany golf tournaments
Or,
Miami hurricanes,
Or his daddy's cancer in his veins.

Maybe I'll believe
In him some day.

asofnow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm:
I like your metaphors but my favorite things was def. the beginning. It was such a simple moment which led to a grander message. Good job!

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:53 pm :
Thank you, so much!

Padoodallee said...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:42 pm:
Fantastic job! your similies and metaphors paint a perfect picture. This is kind of creepy but then it's also inspiring which i didn't know anyone could do that. Read and comment on some of my poems if you want! I would really appreciate it!

Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:26 pm :
Thank you! Sure thing! :)

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great! You are very good!

KylieKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm :
Thank you, for your kindness!

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 8:01 am :
You're welcome   ^-^

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great! I think that belief is what creates a strong human. Where would we be without belief? No where.  Amazing work! Please read,rate,and comment on my poems! Thanks!

Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:49 pm :
Thanks!   Sure thing!