If...

If a dog meows,
Is it considered a cat?
If a tree's leaves turn red,
Is it considered autumn?
If a light blinks rapidly,
Is considered to be on?
If a poet writes music,
Is he considered a songwriter?
If someone bangs on a door,
Is it considered knocking?
If, if, if.
If I stop this right here,
Is it considered rude?
If, if, if.
If a watermelon's orange,
Is it considered a cantaloupe?
If, if, if.
If only so many things,
So many wonders,
Can fit into a sentence-
If, if, if.
If friends have a fight,
Are they considered enemies?
Does it matter how they feel?
Or is it just how they're labeled?
If, if, if.
A name is nothing.
If, if, if.
If what's there is truly real.
And if this poem doesn't make any sense,
Then it's a work of art.

Soccerisme said...
Very good writing.... This poem makes you think and that is one thing a writer must know how to do. Great work keep it up!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:19 am :
Thank you!

loveroffashionandwritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:56 am:
I  LOVE this piece, I really enjoyed how you intervined the meaning of discrimination into common things such as fruit ect..

Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:08 pm :
Thank you!

Aduke9 said...
Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:13 am:
This is an amazing poem! You are an excellent poet! 

Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:08 pm :
Thank you!

LongLazyDays55 said...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:42 am:
Hi, LongLazy here. That's a really interesting poem. Also the topic is good as we can all relate to it. Very good piece of work! Keep writing! :D

sbetsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:30 pm :
Thank you!

Zero_Black said...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:56 am:
okay i just realized i posted two identical comments, and i just want to say that was a mistake. the first one appeared to not work, so do excuse me for that. 

Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
Its okay :)

Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:32 pm :
Thank you!

Zero_Black said...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:54 am:
the best works of art are the ones that make others think . . . this made me really think. good job on a good poem!

Zero_Black said...
Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:54 am:
it really makes you think, doesn't it? i read it a couple of times, just to wonder about it all. nicely done, as all the best works of art are ones that make others think. i know i've said this before, but keep writing great things!