My Shell

As long as I stay in my little shell
No one can hurt me I can tell
No way to penetrate my calloused skin
Thick with regret and no way in

A small goodbye brings no fair warning
To a disaster spell in the turning
One small step could be the last
When you slip you may tumble fast

To find yourself under so much stress
That what behind was not a mess
Not only was it a mystery
But all that’s left of it is me

ShadowpomgurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:40 pm:
5/5!!!!!!!!!!!! you're good, dont stop!

phlogiston This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:58 pm :
Thank you so much! I definitely will keep writing!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great job! I love this! Incredible work! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems :) It would mean a lot.  

Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:58 pm :
Thank you! I absolutely will!

Sarcopterygian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You caught the feeling here well. When the world beats down on us, we can hide from it, but it erodes away anything we don't protect.

Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:59 pm :
We just have to protect everything we can. Stress is a mess.

KylieKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:50 am:
Wow. Just, wow.   (In a good way ;) )

Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:56 pm :
Thank you so much!