Every Day | Teen Ink

Every Day

By Im_Simply_Me BRONZE, San Jacinto, California
Im_Simply_Me BRONZE, San Jacinto, California

\"Out of all the bad things that could have possibly happened, this is the WORST possible thing!\" - Rarity (My Little Pony)
\"Words whispered through prison bars loose their charm.\" Elizabeth Swan (Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End)

Every Day.
It gets easier to stay.
Every Night.
It gets easier to fight.
Every Hour.
I gain my will-power.
But Still.
This gap gets no easier to fill.

This piece was written when i found out the my dad was leaving. It took me days just to be able to look at him, and even longer to be able to stay in the same room with him for more than two minutes. This piece means a lot to me. Everything i write means something to me, and sometimes they mean something to other people. I hope that you know where i'm coming from.

on Jun. 15 2013 at 5:32 am

Thanks for such strong interest!! It means a whole bunch to me when my readers connect with me! I have better stuff on Wattpad though. Find me under the porfile Girl_Behind_The_Mask :) ^.^  --Myleta

on Jun. 15 2013 at 5:31 am

Thanks so much ^.^ It means a lot that you like it so much!! I hope you also enjoy my other pieces!!  --Myleta

LizJaejoong GOLD, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

OMG! this is so good, i love how it short sweet and simple yet it still has a really clear message and strong impact!! LOVE IT!

laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

I love this... and I love that it was written out of such a personal experience.

Thanks :) If it's anything important to know, I put all of my heart in every line of my pieces, and try to never down-play any emotions. I really appreciate your comment :) Thanks!

on Feb. 13 2013 at 12:17 am
mattisonteeter GOLD, Los Angeles, California
I love the last line! What a great ending!   -Mattison