Tiny Blue Mountains This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The stitches on the blue couch
Stretch into tiny mountains that I climb when it's raining
Because I Can.

I have pennies
In a glass jar that clatter
On top of each other
And freckles on my eyelids
that I can't see when I blink
And I tell myself to smile when it's sunny
And to not start sentences with and
And to fill in silence with words
In ballpoint pens
That bleed onto the paper behind it.

Because I Care.

I care so much that I'll
Move to a nursing home with yellow wallpaper
And wrinkle the skin on my eyelids
And wear glasses so dusty I won't have
Excuses to see the weather.
And I'll buy thicker paper
And stuff white noise
In my ears.

And the blue stitches will
Blur into flat land
That I can't climb.

And really don't want to anymore.

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This has so much symbolism, detail, etc. It's absolutely amazing. Don't eveer stop writing!!

OldYoungOne said...
I like it. Could you comment and rate my poems as well. I'm trying to coem up as a peot so I would really appreciate it.

Sarah_Oso This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The language, the simplicity, the symbolism, the beauty, the detail, the abstractness of it all - it takes my breath away. Please keep on writing, making our word a little less grey.

Lovemelovemenot said...
I feel like that came from a book filled with Emily Dickinson's poems. She is one of the best poets known to man and I have a feeling you will be too. AMAZING job, please keep writing!!!!(:

so_joy said...
Amazing!! I love this!! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks! 

someinfinitiesarebigger said...
RISA YOURE AMAZING AND YOUR WRITING IS AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU AND COME BACK FROM MINNESOTA ALREADY <3