English Class This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Biology parades around
The dusty, torn-up
Linoleum ground
Theorems sing their battle cries
And shake their fists into the sky
While I simply wonder why
Words seem unable to just die

English sits in stoic pose
Scrawling adverbs, fiction, prose
Sterilizing careful letters
Claiming that it will get better
Sentences are diagrammed
With feeble marks erased like sand
English strives for dedication
But I do not think it's patient

Because words don't sing the way they should
When they are carved into the wood
That is mainstream spoonfed truths
Like all my mapped-out math class proofs
Sometimes words are butterflies
In kaleidoscopic rainbow skies
Or sometimes they are wingless birds
With breaths that can be scarcely heard

English class is none of these
Bookwork carries no bright peace
Raised hands held like bleached bone flags
Won't calm the storms inside my head
And paper never drinks true ink
When we are given time to think

readerwriterpoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The depth and the imagery and the meaning behind this poem is amazing. Wow. Congratulations on being published; this needs to be seen.

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This piece is absolutely great, actually one of best I've read on Teen Ink!  "And paper never drinks true ink When we are given time to think " And what an ending!
Amazing!

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Congratulations on getting published! This poem is outstanding. :)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:37 pm :
Thank you! :)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:20 am:
This is SO true!!... I really like your poem....and hey I guess alot depends on the teacher...Congratulations on getting  published!

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:41 am :
This is really good....congrats!

GeenaElise said...
Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:42 am:
This is really fantastic and amazing. As soon I started to  read I was taken in. Well done and keep writing amazing stuff.

Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm :
Thanks you so much! That really means a ton to me. :)

GeenaElise replied...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:52 pm :
your welcome

GeenaElise replied...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:53 pm :
Could you  please have a look at my poem too if you don't mind :)

Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:26 pm :
I don't mind at all. I will do that right now. :)

Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:28 pm :
Actually, I can't find your poem. Maybe you submitted it pretty recently and it isn't up yet? I will keep checking.

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:34 pm:
WOW! Absolutely stunning writing. I loved it, completely. Every thought is clearly articulated and spoken with a masterful writing voice. No critiques. Truth, I agree with you. Expressed eloquently and with style. Amazing. Would you please comment on my work titled Without the Writer, the Printer, and Earth's Children?

Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:14 pm :
Thanks you! I would be happy to look at your work. :)