I Swear | Teen Ink

I Swear

By purplekiwi SILVER, Sterling, Virginia
purplekiwi SILVER, Sterling, Virginia

-when you come to the edge of all the light you have, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen; 1. there will be solid ground for you to stand on, or 2. you will be taught how to fly

I swear by the truly Gracious One,
By His bounty and endless wisdom;
That, one day, justice will be done.
I swear by the unfathomable love of the Friend,
By His purity, which has no cease, no end;
Evil and wickedness will undoubtedly end.
I swear by His light, which, since eternity, shone,
And by the grandeur of His magnificent throne;
Everyone, for his deeds, must eventually own.
I swear by the holiness of His Face,
And by His ability to create;
There does not exist caste, division, or race.
I swear by the Giver of glorious gifts,
And by His judgment, fair, sound, and swift;
That His righteous slaves, to Heaven, will lift.
I swear by the One who sent down the decree,
And by the One who will, forever, be;
That everyone shall someday come to see…

I got my inspiration to write this piece from listening to a religious song in Arabic (my native language), which was promising that everything that seems to be wrong with the world will eventually be fixed.

purplekiwi SILVER, Sterling, Virginia

aw thank u so much:))) ur nice:)

purplekiwi SILVER, Sterling, Virginia

thanks adam:)))))) appreciate ur kind words:))

purplekiwi SILVER, Sterling, Virginia

thanks a million....:)))))

purplekiwi SILVER, Sterling, Virginia

thank you so much!!!:))))

Colenne said...
The poem titled"I swear"is wonderful, I like the style and creativity this author puts her words.  Will come back to read more of your poems.

adam said...
Hi Ethar, I am reading your poems, "and by his ability to creat" this is a wonderful ethar, and the website is great too.  waiting to read more of your work

nawal said...
the poems are so wonderful and very creative.  you express yourself so clearly.  great writer.

lovefriends said...
hey ethar, did'nt know you have such beautiful poems.  I like the verse"There does not exist caste, division or race.." oh my godness such creative language u should publish a book girl!