Liquid Happiness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The afternoon sun
warm and comforting
sliding over my skin
like a blanket
kissing my cheeks
nose
turning the tips of my hair
golden
transforming my blood
to liquid summer
Liquid happiness

asofnowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 26 at 11:03 pm
I liked it. The repetition at the end was especially uplifitng.

ZeesrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Simply a magical read.

realbeautifulheart said...
I like the shortness. Interesting perspective. As I color, I see this poem as yellow. A golden, sun-flecked, sparkling, warm and shiny yellow :)

lenathetiger said...
I see it like a movie. I really felt like my wrists were bleeding yellow :) that might sound strange..

HibiscusThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lovely poem with vived imagery! Great job! 

abbey92 said...
short n sweet... 5 stars