Beautiful Joy

Beautiful is
that feeling of
soaring,
through the morning sky,
smiling at the
happy sun and
kissing the
sleepy moon
goodbye.

Beautiful is
that feeling of
gliding,
on blue waters
hugging
the golden shore
and listening
to the waves'
whistling whisper.

Beautiful is
that feeling of
freedom,
to wander about,
aimlessly,
into the
doors of
this unknown
life.

Beautiful is
that feeling of
elation,
floating on
cotton candy clouds,
ever so light,
and dancing with the breeze
under the
chocolate night.

Beautiful is
that feeling of
serenity,
lying on
fresh cut green grass
and watching
white doves fly
while singing their
lovely lullaby.

Beautiful is
that feeling of
utter ease.
Beautiful is
that feeling of
complete peace.
Beautiful is
that feeling of
joy.

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:50 pm:
Beautiful is this poem. It was so....smooth...I don't know it was so pretty and easy to read and imagine. I really liked it. :D

SteelersJdog replied...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:08 pm :
This is so open. I really respect a writer who can get me to chill and relax. The imagery was fantastic. You have great word choice!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:30 pm:
  I love the repetition in this. :) Your descriptions had a way of pulling me in, and I couldn’t help but feeling joy reading this! I really like the calm feeling you convey through most of the poem and then the gentle buildup to the ending. Overall, very well written. :)

Untouchable-Summer said...
Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:28 pm:
Wow, this really was.. well.. beautiful!! haha, great work. check out some of mine? :)

Apollo77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:42 pm:
I love the description and i love the idea of this, beautifully written, i get that fluffy feeling when i read it , you know? Like cotton candy clouds and chocolate skies...:)

corallee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm:

This poem was really ike a breath of fresh air. (Haha ironic)

The first stanza actually brought a smile to my face; I loved the rhyme of "sky" and "goodbye". You've created this sense of child-like wonder and awe at the universe, which I think is just so precious.

The only criticism I have is that the last stanza is a tiny bit anti-climactic. I do understand what you're trying to say, bringing in the idea of Joy, but at the same time, you've done such a beautiful (hehe) job of d... (more »)

gb12197This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:48 pm:
this poem is really good, i can't even describe how much i like it. its amazing

Artemisia said...
Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm:
I love this! It's, well, beautiful. :) It's great how you were able to pick out such fleeting, poetic moments and describe them so vividly. Amazing job!

InkWriter13 said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:59 pm:
WOW! I absolutely LOVE this poem! Your writing is very clear and focused; your insights cut right to the beating inner heart of truth. Absolutely lovely poem. Great writing. :D automatic add to my favorites. 

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 20, 2012 at 8:45 am :
I love this poem! It's so beautiful. My only remark is an optional suggestion. Maybe you could make it a physical thing instead of just "that feeling" and describe it the way you are describing the feeling. But that's optional to you. This is one of the best poems I have read on Teen Ink :)