10 Feet Under This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Chlorine eats away at my
raw skin and I kick
harder
deeper
How safe it feels to be submerged
where I can camouflage under the lurking thoughts of the mumbling lane lines
lost beneath
the familiar shadows of my last competition
They cannot hear me
for I am tangled up in the moaning of the pool filter
They do not know me,
recognized only by
the glistening of the sun onto the board
that boosts my winning time
They are only oblivious because,
in the water,
they cannot see me cry

StarGazer9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very well written! Let me guess... you like swimming? :P

sunnyandsugarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm :
Haha im a competitive swimmer yes.. do i like it? ummmmm 

CountryMusic said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:19 pm:
Amazing, you snagged my attention in the first line :) Congrats on being published in theprint magazine!

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how you treated this topic with your great word flow and energy. No wonder this is in the magazinne! Good job, and please read my latest poem 'Abused'!

Wolfshadow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I reaaly like this, even though it is kind of confusing to tell where it is. Keep writing!

sunnyandsugarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
why is this other poem there.on top of mine......? thats not mine!!

Emily_Greene replied...
Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:16 pm :
Haha, I was really confused until I read your comment. I thought "Maybe the poem is contrating earth and water." I like the tone of this poem and the emotion behind it. It has a nice flow and is a good catalog poem. Also, thank you very much for reading my work and commenting, it means very much to me.

Emily_Greene replied...
Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm :
*contrasting