Back Of Your Mind

Back of your mind.
Here I will hide.
Hate that I am here.
That you cannot see me.
I beg for attention.
You don’t hear my silent tears.
The pain on my face is unseen by you.
Can’t you see?
Yes it is me.
Look at me.
Can’t you see?
She takes up your mind.
But here I will hide.
In the back…
Back of your mind.

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:54 am
Lol thanks... What most people probably don't get from this poem is that it isn't about a boy/girl relationship... It is about a relationship with my dad... and his relationship with my little sister... 

L7SquariaN This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 1, 2012 at 3:19 am
Ahh the fruits of jealousy/being second. Always unnerving.

I really enjoyed reading this poem. Everything came quick and short, as they should have since the speaker is not the main focus of the mind. This was really expertly done.
(sometimes the best poetry comes from babbling ;P)

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:56 am

L7SquariaN This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well that's even worse :(

Are you the "she" that takes up his mind?

No... My sister is...

Writer38942849This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is good :)

Thanks :) When I read it after it had been posted a while I felt like I babbled alot in it... Sometimes I feel that about alot of my poems on here but people seem to like it...