Parting Is Bitter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This moment is:

lying on our backs

under velvet skies

with crystal chandelier drops.
And as it passes, as it ends,
as quickly as it arrived,
I will be able to turn
To our impressed forms
And feel the heat

that radiated from our pores.
Until one day.
One day,
I will not be able to
Turn to our impressed forms.
The bent blades will leap
Back to a soldier’s attention,

millions of

straight, green spinal cords.
It will radiate a nothingness,
A loss of a moment
that can never again
be.

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 1 at 8:01 pm
I love this. I like the here and now of it, and I feel some type of relief in your style: the uniqueness of it is intriguing. 

WeAllBurn said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 8:04 am
interesting. I love it though (: Please read my last work, "my ship..." I believe it to be my best yet.

crazychick said...

very diffrent,

asdfghjkl;qwerty said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 11:48 am
great job using poetic devices

essbeekayy18 said...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:18 am
I really loved this poem. It made me picture myself with some future love out in the grass and then picture myself again when he was gone

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so lovely and powerful. keep it up! check out my work if you wanna:)

DaylightDarkness said...
This is really good. It has a lot of meaning.

ohh_its_manda said...
Very Very nice. Puts mine out of the copetition. Check out some of my work some time.

romance_lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
dont let anyone tell you this poem was ok. It was absolutely amazing. No exuse. You couldnt have improved it cause it was already perfect...You Should be Proud :D

tweedle dee said...
it was ok... i liked it, but i think you could have made some parts better. very pretty though!

Kianayana 3 said...
Jul. 20, 2009 at 4:22 am
Wow you are an awsome poet. I love Poetry and try to write poems all the time. that one blows all mine out of the water. it is even better than a lot of famous ones. Seriously Keep it up. Your work rocks! :P

Rachel N. said...
i thought it was beautiful. you really capture the essencce and make the reader feel as though they are a part of the magic in which your words create.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it! It's beautiful, def. worthy of published! It paints a phenomenal picture. Keep writing!

Grace B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2009 at 12:59 am
luv it...i can really imagine whats happening

SilverDawn said...
Jul. 5, 2009 at 3:59 am
I love it lots ! esp how the last word, "be." is alone in its own line. It seems to give it all the more significance and extra force. Love it!

Carlie_C. said...
Wow!
That was great! Did you seriously write that?! Continue writting.

Monica R. said...
Jun. 28, 2009 at 2:38 am
I love this poem! I can visualize it, and it has alot of rhythm, you know? It''s awesome!

Melissa K. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
KC, I absolutely adore your poetry. Your imagery is so impressive. [:

PoetGenius said...
This is a really well written piece. I love the imagery!