Something Simple

And all these things surround me
useless things
these books these authors these teachers
movies, magazines, well meaning adults,
parents, friends, plays, stories, rumors, drama
warnings
they did nothing
never stood a chance
because I fell
had my breath stolen from me
taken, lost, mourned
words escaped me
the world shifted
the colors inverted
innocence fled

HoldingFast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's interesting. I like the content and words but the lack of puncuation makes it difficult to read. I used to do that alot too so yeah. other than that i enjoyed it. I like the listings the most.

AlaskaFrostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Another great poem!! I like how it ends (again) - it's "list-like" and that helps it pick up speed and add emotion!

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:33 am:
I really liked it!!! How I wish I could be 5 years old again!