Getting Coffee

Because when you were talking
when you were driving
it was there in your eyes,
your gestures
your nods
I saw a little boy
he wasn’t quite gone yet
he was surrounded in clothes, money, cars, girls,
but he was laughing inside
quite beautifully

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
woww i really like this one! good job! u have a uniqueness to ur work which is good. so keep it up :)

HoldingFast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
oh i like this alot. it's so cute i've got the image of an akward-limbed boy in my head with like shaggy brown hair thats so mishivious :) veyr good

AlaskaFrostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow I really like this poem! It's beautiful, and I really like the way you begin the poem with "Because" - kind of like you're in the middle of a thought - it makes it personal! And I also really like the way you end it. So beautiful!! I don't know why, but this poem reminded me a little of the character Jay Gatsby XD

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:38 am:
That was good I think I know what it means, but I can't really explain it myself, although beautifulspirit explained kind of what I was thinking just fine!  Keep writing! ;)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it, but I'm a little unsure about the meaning. So the speaker of this poem saw a guy that was still in some subtle way, a little boy on their way to get coffee? I hope I got it right~

eternal_sunshine replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:20 pm :
Yeah! I guess the title could be kind of confusing. It's about a boy I got coffee with and I could see a bit of innocence left in him. And I liked it, haha. Thanks for the comment :)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 5:26 pm :
Oh my bad, I was totally off. Well it's a piece that holds ambiguous meaning, which is always interesting. 

wordbeater replied...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:45 pm :
I really loved this piece! It was a really clear image to me and you really didn't have to say very much at all. :)

eternal_sunshine replied...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:12 pm :
Thanks for the feedback! :)