One Mans Aspirations | Teen Ink

One Mans Aspirations

By Simply_Ciara GOLD, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Simply_Ciara GOLD, Hopkinsville, Kentucky

When I see you I see strong,
Despite your outside angular appearance. 
I see the picture of endurance because you taught me how to keep going against all odds and to go for things you feel passionate about regardless how impossible it may seem. 
I see a person who is reaching for the top but is constantly denied, is never given the benefit of the doubt, and getting pushed back down to the bottom. 
It's you against the world but you don't care because you put up a fight and you will eventually rise to the top to be undefeated. 
Many see you and judge right away that your not worth anything, what I see is that you take that judgement and spit it back in their face. 
To me you'll always be the best man because unlike most people including myself won't know what it's like taking your hard, untrodden, treacherous road. 
My road is a bit bumpy but yours is rocky, sharp, and jagged filled with many disappointment, heartaches, and shame. 
Yeah you might have many flaws and you might not be the million dollar man but to me you are simply priceless.
One day I believe you will make it and have the sweet satisfaction to say "I told you so" to all your doubters. 
One day I will have the enjoyment in saying "I knew you could do it, My Brother"

on Apr. 5 2012 at 8:32 am
hippiechick99 GOLD, Mesquite, Texas

"... How dreary to be somebody-- How public like a frog;
To tell one's name; the livelong June-- To an admiring bog"
-Emily Dickinson

aww, this poem is really sweet. As I was reading it I was trying to guess who it could be about. The final line confirmed my guess. 5-star material.