" I Wish I May" | Teen Ink

" I Wish I May"

By Izzie1358 BRONZE, Potosi, Missouri
Izzie1358 BRONZE, Potosi, Missouri

A child stares blankly at the starry sky, looking up with wide eyes, she says under her breath "I wish I may, I might have this wish I wish tonight." A child so small grows up to be a teen, she has a good life, a loving family. Still to that wishing star she will go because there is an answer to a question she still wants to know. She grows up and falls in love, she marries this man, has a child of her own. To her daughter, she sits down and tells, "Before you go to that wishing star I must tell you something very dear to my heart. You are special, beautiful,unique and to me you mean everything. I love you like only a mother can, but when I was young like you I wanted to know the answers only my mommy knew. I wanted to know that she loved me true. So this is why am telling you, that your mommy loves you." So before you wish upon that star remember you're mommy's whole heart. So as her daughter looked up with wide eyes at the starry sky she begins to say under her breath "I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight." As she said this she turned to her mommy to say " Mommy I love you, a love so true only a daughter can have for a mommy like you, so before you wish upon that star know, I love you with all my heart!"

I wrote it for my mom..