Imagine | Teen Ink

Imagine

By L.o.Lodato BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
L.o.Lodato BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

Imagine There’s a Boy

Imagine that you are standing in his shoes, in a dark corner where the sun never smiles and the storm doesn’t cease...
Imagine
Imagine that every time you expect a smile all you receive is a punch to your gut causing intense pain, making you weep…
Imagine
Imagine that every time you yearn for a hand to help you off the ground, you are shoved into the dirt, scraping your knees, causing bloodied elbows…
Imagine
Imagine that every time you crave a compliment or a bit of praise, you are spat epithets
Imagine
Imagine that every time you call a friend to seek advice, there is no one on the other end.
Imagine
Imagine that boy sitting in the opposite corner of the room, weeping in his hands because he has no shoulder to cry on. The boy leans on the wall, hugging it tightly as if it’s the only thing in the world that will let him do so. The only thing that won’t laugh or cause him pain…
Imagine
Imagine that one day, this boy to whom you have turned a blind eye, is no longer there.
Imagine that all you see now is a scrap of paper, and a mother clutching this paper, watering it with her tears.
Imagine that you read that note…
“I am now in a place where I will always see a smile”
Know
That you could have been his friend
Know
That you could have made a difference.

I wrote this piece about a boy I know, who always looked sad and upset and I knew why. He was treated just as the boy in my poem. I know how he felt. I used my own experience and joined it with his to complete this piece.

MadHater said...
MadHater, Trophy Club, Texas

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
-Abraham Lincoln

or

"The price of success is responsibility."
-Winston Churchill

That was SO sad >< When I read it, I thought of that song Concrete Angel. Have you listened to it? It's so sad T.T But this was really good!! You succeeded in conveying the emotion and making the reader really feel for the boy... Very well done :)

L.o.Lodato BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
DZ, thank you:) it means a lot especially coming from you:)

DavidSebastian10 SILVER, Florida, Florida

Its Not The Size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog

this poem is amazing!!! deep and meaningful like all poems should be. well written and flows perfectly. GREAT JOB