Mistress of the Ice Flowers

The cold though soft mistress of snow and ice
Utters secrets in naught but a whisper.
She knows I listen, thoroughly enticed
My eyes drift to her kingdom of winter.
Leaves no longer linger in the old trees,
Flowers of the ice fall to earth with glee.
Green blades of summer masked in a deep freeze;
Snow sparkles under a gray canopy.
The swirling fogged sky holds stories of old,
It has seen destruction, it has caused pain.
Now the sky rests, its soul to sleep is sold.
Of what it what it dreams of, the question remains.
Now I must sleep, flee to that land of dreams,
As the Mistress descends, snow and ice gleams.

ClarabelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
"As the Mistress descends, snow and ice gleams" - simply a beautiful ending to this incredible poem :D

Whompingwillow said...
Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:51 am
I really like this poem, good job!:)

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you so much! I appreciate it...

InkWriter13 said...

What a lovely poem! It flows beautifully and leaves a lingering touch of chilling mystery. Absolutely enticing! Great work on this. I loved it. :D

Could you possibly read and comment on my poem titled "An Icy Touch"? It is on the same theme.... :)

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thx for the feedback and id lov to check out your poem!

ELM522 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very deep!  And the description is beautiful!

Thnx, u know this was the first time I wrote a poem without trying to tell a story I think.

illusions said...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:56 am
Wow! This is soooo good! I love the second to last line! Good job!

Thx sooooooo much! It means a lot