Tree Of Truth

It took twenty one hours
For a small seed
To sprout.

It took several days
For that small sprout to grow
Into a sweet sapling.

It took numerous months
For that sweet sapling to
Evolve in to a great tree.

For countless years
Did that great tree
Embrace the rejected rabbits.

For countless years
Did she nourish
The baby butterflies.

For countless years
Did she speak for
The silent sparrows.

For countless years
She protected
Her forest folk
And like a mother
She did love them all.

Then came one man
And in one afternoon
Did he wipe out
Her entire existence.

Aislinn016 said...
I really like your poem i love how it progressed!

InkWriter13 said...
What a interesting idea. I liked how you progressed the tree through time and its life on Earth. Great structure and parallelism in this. Beautiful work. :D

Sairalinde_Lossehelin said...
Ok I lied this one is my favorite. Very descriptive and it draws out a perfect image in your head. Beautiful, beautiful.

TheWeirdPoet said...
Beautiful. This poem is very true to its concept. Nature is beautiful, and we do not take that into consideration when we carry out such things as simply cutting a tree down.

TheWeirdPoet said...

Josika.Nav replied...
May 12, 2012 at 12:26 am
true that. people don't even think twice before cutting down a tree and that is what really inspired the poem. :)

torilutz8 said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:19 am
Oh I love this one. This is really powerful. It paints a very honest image of mankind and nature, keep it up.

Josika.Nav replied...
thank you very much :)

EthanCalhoun said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:46 am
This was such a great poem, loved it from beginning to end, keep writing, I'll keep reading

Josika.Nav replied...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:35 am
that is really nice of you. thank you very much :D

eternal_sunshine said...
Love this. So beautiful. It really made me think, your imagery was great and you flowed well from line to line . I love how abrupt the last few lines were, great job! :)

Josika.Nav replied...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:05 am
thank you so much :D

dragonfly95 said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:30 am
reading this makes me feel nostalgic, right now we are thinning the trees on my family farm, in one second it seems wiping them out. thuogh we are only thinning them, not clear cutting. i have been surrounded by these trees my whole life, there like old friends, cutting them is almost painful. i love this poem. so simply stated, so powerful. great job! :)

Josika.Nav replied...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:51 am
thank you so much XD

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow this really reminded me how it takes forever to build something beautiful and then very quickly you can destroy it.

Josika.Nav replied...
Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:50 am
that is very true and sad at the same time . anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback XD

bearsfan654 said...
The rhythm was like the Monsoon poem, but there's something about this poem that definitely counteracts its! It justs feels like a great poem to say to one's child, as if a tale of sorts. I really love this poem! Great job!

Josika.Nav replied...
Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:49 am
thank you so much ! XD

TTTeeSS said...
I loved this!

Josika.Nav replied...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:42 am
thank you TTTeeSS!! XD