Poetry hides

Poetry hides…

Poetry hides in my pen the one who stutters out what is going on inside my head…
Poetry hides in my note book the one who speaks my unspoken words…
Poetry hides in my smile the one I use to fake so people would not ask questions…
Poetry hides in my houses walls…the ones that would whisper to me “give up and be worthless just like the rest of your family”…
Poetry hides in my eyes…the ones I doll up every day so the ones around me don’t see the pain behind my eyes…
Poetry hides in the razor the one I use to use to show the emotions running through my veins…
Poetry hides in my father hand the one that backed me out of hatred and rage…
Poetry hides in the shoes the ones I can’t fully fill and fit perfectly the way they want me to…
Poetry hides in wind the one that whips through my hair everyday…

Poetry hides in the sun that shines across my face each and every morning…
Poetry hides in something each and every day…
It could possible poetry hides deep within your sprit…?

But the truth about it is that poetry will go unknown or unseen till you go and venture for it because it does not get discovered by its self…

Poetry needs you to go look for it and find it!!!
So where does poetry hide for you???
That is the question…

otherpoet said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:28 am
My English teacher had us do an excersize called "Where Poetry Hides" and it was kind of like this. I've been through tough experiences, and know how much writing helps. This is a great poem, it really spoke to me!

Cyoder replied...
Well tha is a how i wrote this poem! It was a class assinment and it turned into something so mcuh more i want to be able to tell people my story! SO thank you so much for tell me that is spoke to you!