Tear. | Teen Ink

Tear.

By Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other
Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other

the tear
crystal clear
hangs on the tip of the eyelash???
rolls off- splash
the tear is warm
she conforms
to the spaces
of hollow faces
the tear starts to crystallize
freezing cold
a congealed form- she holds
numbing
the feeling?
tumbling down
still no sound
she softens
and listens
as she
runs
down
the
heart
every stumble
is a beat
as she draws heat
from the soul
and when she finally leaves the singed trail behind-
she trickles off
and lands on the tears

This is a metaphor for many different things. But it is different for every person based on experience ;) I hope you'll be able to make connections with this composition.

Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other
hehe, thanks. This is a poem I wrote a long time ago, it's slightly embarassing now that I look back at it XD. But sure, I'll check out your work and, although I'm not really into writing 'poetry' anymore, I might be able to give you some feedback.  

thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

you sure know how to write 'poetry'! very philosophical, and generalized, yet tailored for each! but i felt the overall theme was sort of weak, , still, it's written fairly well, 3/5! see some of my stuff and give your honest criticism?  

on Nov. 29 2012 at 8:19 am
Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other
thanks someone I know :P

Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other

You're trilingual! That's pretty sick. 

If you wanna know, I'm suposed to know chinese (I'm Cantonese and Hakka. Hakka are outcasts of society...-suits me :P) but I don't. I speak english though, but not that well because it is my second language. And my first language is french- I owe that to some power-hungry french king who decided to take over Africa, or at least parts of it. I an also understand creole, which is an african twist on french, but I struggle to speak it.

Thatsh all folsks! (So technically I speak 2 languages and a half)

on May. 29 2012 at 1:42 am
kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Thoreau
"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

TRUE DAT! I can't believe I have finally found an equal who is of my level of intellect :')! Yep! I'm a girl, and don't worry, I was curious, too! I'm a 13-year-old and I speak English primarily, but I speak Hindi with my parents. Oh, and I'm learning Italian at school, just in case that matters! 

Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other
I'm just really curious, how many languages do you speak? 

Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson.

Well you've just met your match! 

You're a girl, right? How old?

on May. 28 2012 at 2:46 am
kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

Aah, okay, that's heaps good. Like, seriously, I am inspired myself. Nice to know I'm a fan of a fan haha! It means SO much to me that you actually bothered to reply LOL! and also that you commented on my stuff! YOU GO GUUURL! (sorry, i'm pretty weird, as you can tell ;)

Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other

I know it's not very unique :P bah. I just liked the idea of the homophones tear and tear so I decided to make a poem involving them. Your poems are so amazing and it means a lot to me that you answered too. XD Peace out.

-sum girl

kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

HEY! You posted that you were a fan on my work and can I just say - right back atcha, mate :) This is so good, where did you get the inspiration from? BTW: are you a girl/boy and how old are you? Because this is actually excellent. A bit more uniqueness to this would totally transform it, but on the whole a fantastic effort!! x 

kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

N3W813 SILVER said...
N3W813 SILVER, Toronto, Other

Aslong as there is even one person on your side, don't give up. -Anon

ok. nice poem btw, i like the last part 

on Mar. 9 2012 at 9:14 am
Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other
Btw, the last "tear" is not a tear as in une larme, but something torn will haave a tear.