I'm Not Broken...I'm Shattered

People always ask why I’m sad, and I lie and say I’m fine, not wanting them to see the silent tears I cry. Don’t they see that happiness isn’t the only thing for me anymore? That I can do alright with this broken heart? What they don’t seem to understand is that I can never be happy once again…
I was once happy, but one day changed all that and now I cannot be free from this black abyss that sucks me in deeper, to the point of no return. Who will save me? Will anyone even notice I’m gone? I doubt it, for I am just a shadow, just a faded memory in their minds…

My happiness is only a mask I wear to hide the true sadness deep within, never changing, always crying, always dying…so don’t ask if I’m okay, I’ll lie and say I’m fine, for I am not broken, I am shattered. No one comes to comfort me when I’m sad, no one cares anymore…

One day I will leave, and they will see that I meant everything to them, and when that day comes, I will be gone forever, never to return…

For I am not broken, but shattered, and because I lost two friends in the same week…and nothing will make me whole once again...for my scars do not show in the sunlight, but in the moonlight and darkness of the world…