My Heroes

Children have courage,
They stand and share their laughter
Just to see us laughing too,
They usurp the reign of boredom,
They make a house a home,
They don't rationalize why something’s eerie
And they save our fridges and walls from bland-land.
Children are my heroes.

Children don't pretend.
They really are knights slaying dragons
Or dragons who gather museums of treasure;
They saved the dinos, brought them to life,
When adults thought them long gone.
They discovered the Pink Pandahare with Purple Pokadots
And brought it to our world.
Children are my heroes.

What makes a person a hero?
Someone who's inspiring. A hero brings something
Virtuous, missing, good, awesome, or needed into the world.
Children are my heroes.

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The freedom that comes from such innocence found in so many children. It's a shame it's taken away so often. Inspiring.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:25 pm :
I know. I wonder what must be done to save it, i havent found the answer to that yet.

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:14 am:
"My Heroes" : Perfect. This really made me smile and laugh and sigh and well up with emotion. I miss the time when we were like that so much...and you're right,, sometimes we ache so badly for that time that we lose it all and turn into little kids and then obviously someone comes and pops the bubble and says "Please come back to your senses" and then we kinda have to listen...

Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:39 pm :
I don't ;)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:04 pm :
Lucky Christi ! :P

LittleSully said...
I miss that time when your so young you don't care about anything or what other people think of you, sometimes I think children are smarter then all of us. Great poem:)

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:20 pm :
I know, sometimes I catch myself thinking that my younger friends and their much younger siblings seem older than me or other kids my age, but then I realize that it isn't that they are 'older', it is that often times we teens take a step backwards when it comes to certain types of maturity. Like not caring about ridicule, being brave when it comes to making friends, willingness to look silly if it accomplishes something, creativity and manners. It varries from person to person, but I think we a... (more »)