A Gaia | Teen Ink

A Gaia

February 25, 2012
By Legion123 BRONZE, Flossmoor, Illinois
Legion123 BRONZE, Flossmoor, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Worthiness I am not for your divine beauty.
Your radiant even when i don't see you.
You grant me bliss naturally but i never thank you.
There is so much of you I yearn to see.
But us humans have such small life spans
so i will never see all of you.
You take care of me, while i abuse you, misuse you.
So inevitably i must leave you, for your beauty is is unfathomable, its to much for me to bear: for I am weak I'm human.
I destroyed you, but i'll let you heal alone, however long it will take.
I will tell no one about you or where you are, only of you and what you did for me.
And though i left my damaging mark on you.
You left your everlasting mark on me.


The author's comments:
This piece was inspired upon viewing another nature documentary, I wrote this piece as a last resort by human kind to save the earth by leaving it. upon leaving it they decide to leave a piece as a last goodbye before they depart. I meant this piece to seem as if it were a human relationship that has run its course and needs to end; Often the relationship between Earth and humans seems similar. This was my first nature poem, i hope you enjoy and would really like feedback. Also the title is a Gaia but i would prefer this poem to be called Gaia but because the title needs to be five characters i named it A Gaia.