You're Still Here?

One

The first time I met you, you complimented me on ability to spell. I’m going to be honest with you: it was just a lucky guess.

Two

You were incredibly patient with me. And I couldn’t help but wonder if you were better than I gave you credit for. So I stored you in neutral and left it alone. Which was a weird thing for me to do, considering how talented you were. It probably would have played out differently if it was happening right now.

Three

I forgot about you.

Four

You came back into my life and I fell in love with you. It terrified me. You have to understand, I don’t get that way around people. I will tell you everything I’m feeling, but I’ll never show you. Never. You made me cry.

Five

I guess I’m what they call a hopeless romantic. Because I am a little hopeless. And I fell in love with two others before going back to you. It probably wasn’t love, for any of you three. It was probably just me driving myself to limits that should not be reached. I tend to do that a lot.

Six

You are easily the worst thing for me right now. I need to remind myself of that.